The 4th Carolina Meat Conference took place October 12-13, 2015.
(Information about the 5th Carolina Meat Conference *coming soon* to the NC Choices website.)
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
READ BELOW FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT 2015 SPEAKERS, TOPICS, AND TRACKS
General Registration Package
Full and Partial Scholarship Opportunities for Cooperative Extension, farmers, processors, students and allied businesses. Details HERE.
- Admittance to All Conference Sessions (90-minutes each, concurrent) - including butchery/cooking demos, panel discussions, and lectures. Full course descriptions and speakers coming soon.
- Access to Sponsor Exhibit Area and Hallway Butchery Demos
- All Daytime Meals and Snacks - including locally sourced breakfasts and lunches, various snacks, drinks, etc.
- Monday evening Social Hour - including locally sourced hors d’oeuvres, 1 free drink ticket, access to cash bar, butchery demos, and plenty of time for networking
- 1 Ticket to the Monday Night Beast Feast Dinner and Keynote Address by Allan Savory (additional tickets to Beast Feast dinner and keynote available for purchase. Scroll below for details)
General Registration Fees:
- Regular Online Registration July 11 - Sept 11: $175
- Late Online Registration Sept 12 - Oct 2: $225
- In-Person Registration @ Carolina Meat Conference Oct 12 - Oct 13: $250
(Additional fees are required for limited space Butchery Tracks, HACCP Class, and Additional Keynote Dinner Tickets. See below for more information.)
Additional Small Tracks and Training:
Track Space is Extremely Limited. Tickets Available On a First-Come, First-Serve Basis. Space is limited to 15 people per track to offer a more intimate, hands-on experience. Additional fees for tracks and classes are in addition to conference registration. Participants must be registered for the Carolina Meat Conference to be able to register for an additional track or class. Each Track participant goes home with a portion of processed meat. All meat is sourced from local, pasture-based, North Carolina farms. We encourage each participant to bring a cooler(s) for transporting meat home
SOLD OUT: Track 1 - “Home Chef Track: Rabbit Processing” with Adam Danforth and Vivian Howard
Track 2 - “Value-Added Pork Track: Whole Animal to Cured in a Professional Kitchen” (2 Part, 7 Hours Total Training Time)
Track 3 - “Whole Lamb Track: It’s More Than Just Meat” with Adam Danforth
SOLD OUT: Track 4 - HACCP Training Class with Dr. Michele Pfannenstiel (“Dr. HACCP”)
Keynote Address and Beast Feast Dinner
When: Monday Evening, October 12, 5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Description: You will not want to miss the Whole Animal Beast Feast dinner with a special keynote address from Allan Savory of the Savory Institute. Through his lifelong experience, Mr.Savory offers new perspectives to address climate change and reverse the desertification of grazing lands. We invite you to hear Mr.Savory’s approaches firsthand and join in the dialogue on ways to address land degradation, climate change, and how to feed a growing world.
Additional Fee: $30 (Regular conference registration includes 1 dinner ticket. Conference attendees and the larger public have the option to purchase *additional* dinner tickets for guest not attending conference)
- Social Hour (w/ cash bar) - 5:00-6:30 PM
- Time for social and networking
- Live butchery demo
- Vendors and exhibitors open
- Local beer and wine
- Full Dinner and Keynote Address - 6:30 - 8:30 PM