Have a topic you would like to share with us?
We would love to hear it.
The 2015 Carolina Meat Conference is currently welcoming proposals for presentations, demonstrations, panel discussions and lectures to be given in Winston Salem, October, 12-13, 2015. Submitted proposals should follow the guidelines listed below.
Proposed presentations should align with the major themes of the Carolina Meat Conference and are welcomed from a variety of organizations and individuals.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Hands-on Demonstrations (Whole Animal Butchery, Charcuterie, Curing, Value-added, etc.)
- Feed and Breed - Examining Meat Quality in Relation to Production Practices
- Regulatory and Food Safety (HACCP, State/Federal, Label Claims, etc.)
- Pricing Spreadsheets, Tools, Inventory Management
- Species Focus (Pork, Beef, Chicken, Goat, Sheep, etc)
- Innovative Processing Solutions
- Scaling up - Innovative Models for Growing Meat Businesses
- Marketing, Branding, Selling to Wholesale, Retail Markets
- Funding Opportunities for Your Business
Proposals submissions should include the following:
- Description of proposed presentation length and style. (subject to be modified by CMC Planning Committee
- Name(s) of suggested presenter, organization, and/or panelists
- Description of what the conference attendees will gain from your presentation/demonstration
Please submit proposals by completing the ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM. All submissions will be reviewed by the CMC Planning Committee.
Proposals must be received no later than 5:00 PM EST, Monday, March 2nd, 2015. Notifications of acceptance will be sent from carolinameatconference2015 [at] gmail.com.
Please note: CMC registration fees will be waived for presenters.
All questions about the proposal submission process can be emailed to carolinameatconference2015 [at] gmail.com.